Well i wasnt going to post this recipe on the blog but I had such a request on social media i had to get it on here. This was one of my baking what do i have in the cupboard recipes. Im sure we all have our own flapjack recipe we use and adapt with various fruits and chocolates etc etc. Yesterday i wanted to try something a bit different and decided on using up those very black bananas i had and the bottom of the peanut butter jar to fill my flapjacks with some flavour. What i love about flapjacks is how easy they are to make just melt the sugar butter and throw into oats and they are so easy to adapt with your own ideas on fillings. So here goes enjoy the recipe:
250g Gluten Free Oats (if you can’t have gluten free oats use buckwheat flakes instead)
3 ripe bananas, mashed
3 tbsp peanut butter
75g caster sugar
50g dairy free margarine
3 tbsp golden syrup
1. Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6/200 C/ 400F
2. Melt butter, sugar, golden syrup and peanut butter over a low heat.
3. Pour the butter sugar mixture into a bowl with the oats and add the bananas mix well.
4. Liberally grease a baking tray (i used a size 6″ x 10″ tray)
5. Spoon the mixture into the tray making sure you push right into the corners.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top, take out of the oven and cut into 16 portions while still warm.
Alternatively if you want some chocolate to add 1 tbsp of cocoa to the butter sugar mix.
Hope you all enjoy the recipe don’t forget to use the #mummyduckrecipes
Love Mummy Duck