I recently have tried to make more of our meals vegetarian as my little sister has recently over the last few months decided to stop eating meat. So that I only have to make one lot of meals I have been trying to find new vegetarian recipes that keep every one happy.
Last week I made a vegan tomato risotto and I would like to share te recipe with you all:
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 1l vegetable stock
- knob of dairy free spread
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 250g risotto rice
- 300g cherry tomato, halved
- small pack basil
- 4 tbsp grated nutritional yeast
- Tip the chopped tomatoes and half the stock into a food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour into a saucepan with the remaining stock, bring to a gentle simmer and keep over a low heat.
- Meanwhile, place the dairy free spread and oil in the base of a large saucepan and heat gently until the butter has melted. Add the onion and gently cook for 6-8 mins until softened. Stir in the garlic and rosemary, then cook for 1 min more. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 1 min.
- Start adding the hot stock and tomato mixture a ladle at a time. Let the risotto cook, stirring often, adding more stock as it is absorbed. After you have added half the stock, add the cherry tomatoes. After 30- 35 minutes of adding stock the rice should be creamy and tender, the cherry tomatoes softened and all of the stock should be used up.
- Cover and leave for 1 min, then stir in the basil. Serve sprinkled with nutritional yeast and a good grinding of black pepper.
I hope you all enjoy this it was definitely loved in our house
Mummy duck and Little duck