Finally its starting to warm up so I wanted to make us a nice summery dinner and also something that Astrid could help me make to. We found some reduced pork while we were shopping so I was set on kebabs and for a change rice salad. Hope you like my recipes below and give them a try.
3 slices courgette
3 plum tomatoes per kebab
3 cubes of pork about 2cm in size
3 pieces of pepper any colour
1. Prepare kebabs alternating pork, pepper, courgette,tomato 3 pieces of each per skewer.
2. Griddle on each side to give a nice charred cover or throw on the barbecue.
3. Finish off in the oven for 5 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
Rice salad with sweet chilli dressing
325g basmati rice
1 tin of sweetcorn, drained
100g baby plum tomatoes, chopped
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tin of chickpeas, drained
For the dressing
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
3 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
6 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp cider vinegar
1 tsp honey
1. Cook rice according to packet instructions, once cooked drain and run cold water through till rice is cold.
2. Put rice, sweetcorn, tomatoes, red onion and chickpeas in a large serving bowl.
3. Place all ingredients for the dressing in a mixing bowl and whisk until mixed well, taste and add more honey if the dressing isn’t sweet enough.
4. Pour over rice and mix well.
5. Serve kebabs and rice.
This dish would be great accompaniment to any barbecue and a clear toddler favourite in our house as Astrid ate the whole plate.
Hope you enjoy.
Mummy duck and little duck